baslinux - [BL] Re: Install/BOOT from HD (Kent Cheung)

  • From: Ernesto Celis <celise AT prodigy.net.mx>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Re: Install/BOOT from HD (Kent Cheung)
  • Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2003 12:42:07 -0500

> BL 2.0 in an old 486 8MB memory laptop with 300 MB
> disk space only. Therefore, I would like to utilize the
> disk space for native Linux. Is there anyway I can boot BL
> 2.0 directly from the (native Linux formatted) HD instead
> of boot it from DOS?
>
> Right now, I am booting it from a DOS floppy and then
> passing HD info into loadlin.

I have BL 2.10 installed in a 486dx2 in a 200 MB hard drive
(20 MB partition for FreeDOS and the BL files, 24 MB swap
partition and a 156 MB native ext2 Linux partion where I
have installed BL :)). A few days ago I installed the lilo
pckage from Slackware 7.1 in order to boot BL from his own
partition skiping the Boot by FreeDOS. Maybe that is your
solution.
I just have a litle problem with lilo, when I try to
configure lilo to boot with the zimage kernel provided with
BL 2.10, lilo says it is too big (the zimage kernel). Then
I'm using for now the bare.i/bzimage kernel from slackware
7.1, maybe you need the lowmem zimage kernel from
slackware.

Ernesto

celisdelafuente AT hotmail.com
celise AT prodigy.net.mx
044 834 8 53 81 77

  • [BL] Re: Install/BOOT from HD (Kent Cheung), Ernesto Celis, 08/04/2003