baslinux - Re: [BL] NTFS

  • From: "Krzysztof A. Suchecki" <christopher.suchecki AT wp.pl>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] NTFS
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 07:17:33 +0200

James Miller wrote:

> I've
> understood from that discussion that NTFS support is in kind of an alpha
> stage. It gives read-only access, from what I've gathered, and even then
> is not completely reliable.

The main problem is... as you can suspect :) that m$ doesn't provide
documentation about NTFS. Err.., m$ provides but you have to pay a huge
amount of money - look at i.e. PartitionMagic Pro for Windows which
let you resize, create, etc. NTFS partitions.

BTW a new Windows version = new options in NTFS.

What's more NTFS is huge structure. If you change even 1 thing in it
forgetting about setting even 1 another, Windows may not start.

Chris

Festiwal Filmowy Era Nowe Horyzonty, 17-27 lipca.
Cieszyn zaprasza! < http://film.wp.pl/www/film/2003/eranowehoryzonty >