baslinux - Re: [BL] Fwd: Can't shutdown or halt from X (BL2)

  • From: qwms-avib AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Fwd: Can't shutdown or halt from X (BL2)
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 08:28:09 +0000

James Miller wrote:

> I don't think BL2 contains the "su" command.
>
> it looks the the BL developer deems su to not be an
> essential element to the BL working core.

The ramdisk version of BasicLinux expects users to login
as root. In that case su is unnecessary. Once you install
BasicLinux to HD, you can add a package for non-root users.
It includes su, useradd and other utilities for managing
non-root users. You will find it in /slakware/a14
installpkg shadow.tgz