baslinux - [BL] BL1 does nfs? networking question

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] BL1 does nfs? networking question
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 21:12:49 -0500 (CDT)

A couple of questions:

1) Does BL1.x do nfs, and if so how? Is it compiled in, or loadable as a
module, or . . ?

2) I was trying to get BL1.8 (ramdisk) to talk to my network with little
or no results. Then, going over the FAQ, I ran across something saying
you need to do route add -net 192.168.1.0 - so I did it. Walla! (pardon
my French) - working network connection. Why this? What does this do to
make networking possible and why is it not needed under BL2?

James