baslinux - Re: [BL] Swapon

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Swapon
  • Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 12:56:47 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 24 May 2003, russ loroville wrote:

> James,
> You are probably right. You may need it in the bootup format for it to
> work, so an alias may not work.

Sample /etc/fstab file that may help you better understand what I'm
getting at (if you are even confused about it):

/dev/hda2 swap swap defaults 0 0
/dev/sda1 swap swap defaults 0 0

/dev/hda3 / reiserfs defaults 1 1
/dev/hda1 /boot ext2 defaults 1 1
/dev/hda5 /home reiserfs defaults 1 1
/dev/hda6 /opt reiserfs defaults 1 1
/dev/hda7 /usr reiserfs defaults 1 1
/dev/hda8 /mnt/save reiserfs defaults 1 1

/dev/scd1 /mnt/graveur auto noauto,user,ro 1 1
/dev/scd0 /mnt/cdrom auto noauto,user,ro 1 1
/dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy auto noauto,user 0 0

none /dev/pts devpts gid=5,mode=620 0 0
none /proc proc defaults 0 0
none /proc/bus/usb usbdevfs defaults 0 0

Note: I just found this on the web. It has no relation to my, or likely
anyone else's, BL system (usb and reiserfs are pretty much out of the
question for BL2). BL fstab files will typically be far less
complex, with maybe only 3 or 4 entries. Relevant entries from this
sample for you will be the "swap" entries - most likely the /dev/hda2
one, unless you have a scsi hard drive. Hope this helps further.

James