baslinux - Re: [BL] I can not access my hard disk

  • From: qwms-avib AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] I can not access my hard disk
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 06:10:31 +0000

DinuX wrote:

> I use BasicLinuX 2.03 on Ram drive and I can not access
> my hard disk. I use NCR53C700-66 SCSI controler.
> I have downloaded Kernel from
> ftp://carroll.cac.psu.edu/pub/linux/distributions/
> slackware/slackware-7.1/kernels/n_53c7xx.s/
> but I get the following error:
> sim 710: No NCR53C710 adapter found.

When do you get that message? Right at the beginning
when the kernel boots?

I don't have any personal experience with SCSI devices,
so I am a little in the dark here. However, it seems
to me, that there are two possible causes of your
problem. (1) It's the wrong kernel for your controller.
(2) It's the right kernel, but it needs a parameter
(perhaps in the loadlin line) to activate it.

As far as (1) goes, I suggest you try the scsi.s kernel.
It is a general-purpose SCSI kernel that works with lots
of different controllers.

As for (2), I'll do a bit of reading about SCSI and
see if I find anything that helps.