baslinux - Re: [BL] midnight commander on BL2

  • From: "James Miller (IA City)" <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] midnight commander on BL2
  • Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 08:38:03 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)

I am also an avid MC user, and also got the error message you mention. My
solution was not especially elegant - but it worked. I decided to get rid
of the fuller, Slack 7.1 MC and to install the tiny MC package provided by
JP. This did the trick. It runs faster than the Slack71 version also.
It may not be compiled with certain features (mouse support? - not sure on
that), but other than this I think it's a better choice than the Slack
version. For those who have not already installed the Slack version, I
believe JP's MC may install without dependency issues, whereas the Slack
7.1 version did have some dependency issues that required installation of
an additional package (don't remember which at the moment).

James

PS Apparently, the Slack 7.1 version expectsd Samba because it was
compiled with Samba support.