baslinux - Re: [BL] help on understanding script

  • From: <keesan2 AT cyberspace.org>
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] help on understanding script
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 10:11:03 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 15 May 2003 jamtat AT mailsnare.net wrote:

My tech expert suggests changing the battery. But on his old XTs that had
no clocks, where he wanted to be sure the files did not all get labelled
the same date, he set up a file to retain the last date, and when the
computer booted it would make that the current date and he was asked
whether to correct it. He set it up to assume he was turning on the
computer every day (add one).

Your solution is much more impressive.

Sorry to report that my bbs members have no idea why you cannot telnet
except someone mentioned something about problems with the telnet daemon.

I suppose it is also cheating to buy a battery instead of making your own.