baslinux - Re: [BL] 1.8 -> 2.x

  • From: "Krzysztof A. Suchecki" <christopher.suchecki AT wp.pl>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] 1.8 -> 2.x
  • Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 08:14:10 +0200

> My problem with BL2 was that I couldn't get 2mf to work when running
> make_fd . I downloaded the files using Linux, then switched to
> Windows95 on the same machine to unzip them, then closed down Windows
> and rebooted in DOS to run the programs. 2mf failed me every time.

You don't need to boot from floppies to install BL 2.03 if you have
any DOS/Windows 9x on HDD!

If you can reboot to DOS as you write, just create directory i.e
"baslin", unzip there all files from bl2-03.zip, and run "boot.bat"
It will run BL 2 RAMDISK version. You can later install BL 2.03 to HDD
with command "install" after logging as root.

How to boot BL later?
As I suspect your current LILO conf allows you start either Linux
or Windows. If yes, choose Windows, and press F8 (or F5).
When you get pure command line prompt, just "cd baslin",
"boot" and enjoy. :)

Chris

"Requiem dla snu" na VHS i DVD już w sklepach. Kup koniecznie!
< http://film.wp.pl/p/film.html?id=1336&h=3106349 >