baslinux - [BL] Re: BasLinux Digest, Vol 2, Issue 12

  • From: Ernesto Celis <celise AT Prodigy.Net.mx>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Re: BasLinux Digest, Vol 2, Issue 12
  • Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 11:43:44 -0500

> From: Andrew Langdon-Davies <ald2 AT arrakis.es>
> Subject: [BL] 2mf fails
> All my attempts to run make_fd fail at the 2nd floppy
> format stage. 2mf gives 'general failure - incorrect
> density?' and floppy is rendered unreadable. I have tried
> different types of floppy, several of each, and have
> finally run out. Ultimately I want to do a hd install of
> BasicLinux. Is there any other way of doing this? I have
> another machine running Linux/Win95 which I am using for
> downloads and for preparing floppies, etc.
> Any help welcome.
> Andrew
It happens to me using Windows 2000 and WindowsXP. I resolve
this using a windows 98 boot diskete. This boot the sistem
in Ms-DOS mode, then run make_fd.bat and all works fine.
NOTE: only the first floppy will be formated with format a:
/s the second floppy will be unformated. Maybe you can boot
your machine with Win95 on MS-DOS mode using F8 before Win95
boots normally, and run make_fd.bat

celisdelafuente AT hotmail.com
celise AT prodigy.net.mx
044 834 8 53 81 77

  • [BL] Re: BasLinux Digest, Vol 2, Issue 12, Ernesto Celis, 05/08/2003