baslinux - Re: [BL] Debian packages and busybox

  • From: qwms-avib AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Debian packages and busybox
  • Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 14:56:04 +0000

James Miller wrote:

> > The BL2 compiler is certainly too large for your HD,
> > but the BL1 compiler would fit just fine. It needs
> > less than 20mb.
>
> Is this a suggestion that BL1 be used instead of BL2,

For people with limited HD space who wish to write and/or
compile source code, BL1 is significantly smaller. Although
the library is libc5, static binaries could be produced
(which do not need external libc5 libraries to be present).

> or is it being stated that the BL1 compiler can be
> installed and used to compile programs on BL2?

No, I wouldn't recommend trying to install the BL1 compiler
on BL2. However, people running BL1 could produce binaries
(static) that work on BL2. We already have three binaries
(e3, ssh and xfreecell) that work on both BL1 and BL2. It
wouldn't hurt to have some more.