baslinux - [BL] 2mf fails

  • From: Andrew Langdon-Davies <ald2 AT arrakis.es>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] 2mf fails
  • Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 13:04:37 +0200

All my attempts to run make_fd fail at the 2nd floppy format stage. 2mf
gives 'general failure - incorrect density?' and floppy is rendered
unreadable. I have tried different types of floppy, several of each, and
have finally run out. Ultimately I want to do a hd install of
BasicLinux. Is there any other way of doing this? I have another machine
running Linux/Win95 which I am using for downloads and for preparing
floppies, etc.
Any help welcome.
Andrew