baslinux - Re: [BL] BL2 and Lynx 2.8.4-ssl and Opera 6 - no crashes (yet)

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL2 and Lynx 2.8.4-ssl and Opera 6 - no crashes (yet)
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 09:05:55 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 30 Apr 2003, sindi keesan wrote:

> Can someone with the Slackware 7.1 CDs post the pdftotext file? There is

I just tried out the xpdf from Slackware 7.1. I was just sure there would
be dependency problems for xpdf, but thought just running the pdftotext
part of it might work under BL2. Well, I got dependency errors when I
typed pdftotext at the command line (sorry, I didn't write down that names
of the 2 missing libs - libstdc++ and libc6 or something like that). I
just uninstalled it after that. So, just having the pdftotext binary is
not going to help - you'll still need to install those other dependencies.
Unless someone compiles it statically.

James