baslinux - Re: [BL] Dial-up and logon scripts

  • From: David Moberg <davidjohnmoberg AT yahoo.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Dial-up and logon scripts
  • Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 08:59:33 -0700 (PDT)

Steven,

Thanks for your assistance. It has helped me with
BL a lot.

>> Also, since I'm the only one using my computer,
>> how do I automatically logon?

> How do you mean automatically? Do you want it to
> dial as soon as the system boots? Or when a
> particular username logs in? Or when you activate
an
> email client? Or what? And after that, how long
> do you want the connection to continue? Permanently?

Oops, sorry that I wasn't too clear on that. I meant
log on to BL. You know, when BL starts up, it asks for
a username? Then if you type in root, you get access
everything. Is there any way to just automatically log
in as root or whatever?

Thanks much,
David

http://search.yahoo.com