baslinux - [BL] Dial-up and logon scripts

  • From: David Moberg <davidjohnmoberg AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Basiclinux List <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [BL] Dial-up and logon scripts
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 12:33:21 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

My ISP requires that I use dial-up scripts to log on.
For example, it has to wait for "Login:" then send my
username, wait for "Password:" and send my password,
wait for "Username:" and send my username, etc. How
can I do this with the pppsetup/ppp-on tools that come
with BL, or do I need to get a different dialer?

Also, since I'm the only one using my computer, how do
I automatically logon?

Thanks,
David Moberg

http://search.yahoo.com