b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Ex 6:6 hiphil imperative 'bring' (K Randolph)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Jerry Shepherd <jshepherd53 AT gmail.com>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Ex 6:6 hiphil imperative 'bring' (K Randolph)
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 23:19:14 -0600

Hi Karl,

Two responses for now.  More to come after you've made your response to no. (5).

(5) What?  No response to this one? I'd love to see it.  J

(6) Karl, as I said, your proposed etymology is highly unlikely.  Were you aware that the batter in baseball was originally called a "striker"?  And that he was given a number of chances to make proper contact with the ball when "striking" at it?  And that there was an umpire who kept count of these "strikes"?  Karl, all you have done is create a false, unlikely, and undemonstrable etymology.

Blessings,

Jerry

Jerry Shepherd
Taylor Seminary