b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Hitpael 1st pers plural bow down/worship

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "J. Leake" <jesleake AT yahoo.co.uk>
  • To: Petr Tomasek <petr.tomasek AT evangnet.cz>, Uri Hurwitz <uhurwitz AT yahoo.com>
  • Cc: "b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Hitpael 1st pers plural bow down/worship
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 21:35:11 +0100 (BST)

The if'alla form is hardly rare, Petr, though it is the rarest of the comon forms. But if we're going to go onto rare forms, the if'awwala precisely infixes a waw.

John Leake

'inna SâHiba Hayâtin hanî'atin lâ yudawwinuhâ: 'innamâ, yaHyâhâ.
(He who lives a comfortable life doesn't write about it - he lives it.)
Tawfiq al-Hakim, Yawmiyyât Nâ'ib fil-'Aryâf.