b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] G.Gertoux and the Name...

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Dave Washburn <davidlwashburn AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] G.Gertoux and the Name...
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 10:26:34 -0700

On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 10:04 AM, Rolf <rolf.furuli AT sf-nett.no> wrote:
Dear Barry,

[snip]
1) I have NOT introduced "an argument to explain how it (KS) had to derive from YHWH." But I have pointed to the FACT (not argument) that the LXX fragments we have up to 50 CE uses YHWH/IAO and the second century CE LXX manuscripts use KS. I do not deny the possibility that old LXX manuscripts with KUROS may be found, but hitherto no such manuscripts are known. So the evidence, and I say EVIDENCE, is that KS in the second century LXX manuscripts was used as a substitute for YHWH. This shows that KS CAN be used as a substitute for YHWH.

And I have shown that 1) the IAW thing is 98% speculation and conjectural emendation, and 2) the use of both the IAW place holder and the YHWH in paleo script were most likely methods to PREVENT use of the name, especially in reading out loud. You have not dealt with that, either; you just keep dragging out the same tired old points that several of us have refuted several times, while declining to deal with the contrary evidence we have presented. Until you address some of these issues and stop just repeating the same things over and over, you're not going to convince anybody.

--
Dave Washburn

Check out my Internet show: http://www.irvingszoo.com

Now available: a novel about King Josiah!