b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] akkadian bible?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: George Athas <George.Athas AT moore.edu.au>
  • Cc: "b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>, "R. Lehmann" <lehmann AT uni-mainz.de>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] akkadian bible?
  • Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 09:55:01 -0700

George:

Seeing as if there was any significant writing from ancient nomadic
cultures, if it was of any decent length to include histories and
religion, would it not have been written on leather or other such
portable materials? And the probability of such materials surviving to
this day is so slight as to be practically zero?

Weren’t some of the graffiti in the Sinai attributed to nomads?

Karl W. Randolph.