b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Genesis 3:6, Adam was with Eve in the garden

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: George Athas <George.Athas AT moore.edu.au>
  • To: "b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Genesis 3:6, Adam was with Eve in the garden
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 14:40:34 +0000

Chris, as I said earlier, I personally think the man is there during the temptation, but as readers we are only aware of this when the woman turns and gives him some of the fruit. However, I acknowledge that while I think this the most probably reading, it's not the only possible reading.

GEORGE ATHAS
Dean of Research,
Sydney, Australia