b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] KPR

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Philip <philipengmann AT yahoo.com>
  • To: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>, Philip <philipengman AT yahoo.com>
  • Cc: "b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.orglist list" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] KPR
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2013 00:39:49 -0800 (PST)

Dear Listees,

I thank you all for your various answers, and I apologize for not being more specific.

I was indeed asking whether the Piel wordוְכִפֶּר in MT (CL) Dt 32:43 represents intensification.

1.   Since there seems to be no consensus on this issue, can this debated, if it hasn't already?

Also, I theorize that there is a corresponding emphasis of the Hebrew word, וְכִפֶּר in other ancient texts such as the LXX (CV)by the use of the preposition ek, prepositioned prior to the corresponding verb, kathariei in LXX (CV) Dt 32:43.

2a. Am I correct?
 b. Does anyone know how other ancient versions represent וְכִפֶּר in MT (CL) Dt 32:43?

Many thanks,
Philip Engmann