b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] A VISUAL EXPRESSION OF A THEOLOGICAL IDEA OFTHE SKY/HEAVEN

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Ishnian" <ishinan AT comcast.net>
  • To: "Yigal Levin" <Yigal.Levin AT biu.ac.il>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] A VISUAL EXPRESSION OF A THEOLOGICAL IDEA OFTHE SKY/HEAVEN
  • Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2012 01:43:28 -0500

ISHINAN: ....... a great variety of applications one of them is being 'empty' or 'open' which would make more sense
.

YGAL : there is no word in the Hebrew that corresponds to "open".

ISHINAN: What about req, riq, reqam, etc., occurs in the literal sense of "void " in (Genesis 31:42; Job 22:9)?

מב לוּלֵי אֱלֹהֵי אָבִי אֱלֹהֵי אַבְרָהָם וּפַחַד יִצְחָק, הָיָה לִי--כִּי עַתָּה, רֵיקָם שִׁלַּחְתָּנִי; אֶת-עָנְיִי וְאֶת-יְגִיעַ כַּפַּי, רָאָה אֱלֹהִים--וַיּוֹכַח אָמֶשׁ. 42 Except the God of my father, the God of Abraham, and the Fear of Isaac, had been on my side, surely now hadst thou sent me away EMPTY. God hath seen mine affliction and the labour of my hands, and gave judgment yesternight.'

Ishinan Ishibashi