b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] A VISUAL EXPRESSION OF A THEOLOGICAL IDEA OFTHE SKY/HEAVEN

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Yigal Levin <Yigal.Levin AT biu.ac.il>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] A VISUAL EXPRESSION OF A THEOLOGICAL IDEA OFTHE SKY/HEAVEN
  • Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2012 10:59:46 +0300

Ishinan,

You quoted me out of context. I was referring to your translation of Gen.
1:20, in which "raqia'" was translated "open firmament". Of course there are
Hebrew words that mean "open", the basic one being "patuax".

What you did not do was to answer the question - what makes that particular
(in my opinion - not so good) translation "official" as you called it.

Yigal Levin