b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Nuaned Terms for Torah

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Steve Miller" <smille10 AT sbcglobal.net>
  • To: <torah4today AT comcast.net>, <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Nuaned Terms for Torah
  • Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 21:53:07 -0400

I think that's a very worthy study.

"Synonyms of the Old Testament" by Girdlestone has a chapter on that. But I
don't think there's a whole lot there.
TWOT has detailed studies on each word, but not so much on the distinction
in meaning between each.

I recommend doing your own study based on :
Uses of each word in the Bible
How LXX translated the words
Etymology

Then compare what you came up with to the above or any other refs you can
find on the subject.

Sincerely yours,
Steve Miller
Detroit
www.voiceInWilderness.info
Though an army should encamp against me,
my heart won't fear from anxiety.
Though a war rise up against me to rent,
in this thing I will be confident. (Ps 27:3)