b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] 2 Samuel 22:3

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Pere Porta <pporta7 AT gmail.com>
  • To: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] 2 Samuel 22:3
  • Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 05:58:55 +0200

Yes, this is a good list on biblical Hebrew, largely due to (or because of)
its moderators.

In Gn 30:24 we find יסף and יוסף
>From a grammar viewpoint both forms are exactly the same thing: Hiph'il
imperfect, 3rd person singular masculine.
No change of binyan.

In 2Sa 20:13 we have הגה which is exactly the same thing as הוגה we find in
Lm 3:32. (Look also at Lm 1:5)
No change of binyan.
(Remark: I'm not saying that these two words mean exactly the same; I say
that they are grammatically the same form: Hiph'il Past, 3rd person sing.
masc. with the difference that one lacks waw and one has waw)

Is this, Karl, the answer type you were looking for?

Maybe you ask whether an included waw causes a change of binyan?
If your true question is the latter, let me know: I will try to find the
right answer to it (frankly, I've never thought of it)

Kind regards.

Pere Porta

--
Pere Porta