b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] 2 Samuel 22:3

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: Pere Porta <pporta7 AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] 2 Samuel 22:3
  • Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 14:20:01 -0700

Pere:

Thank you.

After asking the question, and receiving your quick answer, I have come
across other examples where it is no question that “save” is meant, but the
waw demanded by the verbal paradigm lists is missing. More “First year
lies”? ;-)

I see a change in the way I am reading the text, thanks largely to the
influence of this group: I am paying more attention to the exact form being
used and less sliding over just because of the context. Hence some of my
questions.

Or in these forms, do they signal a different binyan than those including
the waw?

Thanks again.

Karl W. Randolph.