b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Kalev and Kelev

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Uri Hurwitz <uhurwitz AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Will Parsons <wbparsons AT alum.mit.edu>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Kalev and Kelev
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 15:00:10 -0700 (PDT)

   Dear Will,

   My points were strictly linguistic.

   The question of the suitability of a name to the
person who bears it, is another matter. It is obvious
that modern sensibility is different from the ancient.

It also involves the historicity of the individuals
discussed. This subject is outside the scope of this list.

Perhaps you can help me: what is "k$(D+1lebh" in ordinary
transliteration?

Uri Hurwitz Wilmington, VT