b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Asher in Ps 51:10?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Pere Porta <pporta7 AT gmail.com>
  • To: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Asher in Ps 51:10?
  • Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 07:52:56 +0200

My friend Karl,

First of all: I'm Pere (and not Père). "Pere" = Peter (in Catalan, my mother
tongue) while "Père" is a father, a priest in French.

Secondly, it is quite an oddity for me that "dikita" (or DKYT) is an
adjective.
This is a Piel form, second person singular masculine. The same as "tsivita"
in Ps 7:7

I thought that the sentence is (or means)
"The bones that you crushed will rejoice"
This is why I thought an "asher" should be there: "tagelna 'atsamot asher
atah dikita"
Assuming that 'DKYT' is an adjective.... can you bring here other similar
adjectives (within the bible, of course) that are like this?

Heartly,

Pere Porta
(Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain)

--