b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] The meaning of Beersheba

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: George Athas <George.Athas AT moore.edu.au>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] The meaning of Beersheba
  • Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 22:08:46 +0000

Jim Stinehart wrote:

"Please note that in terms of what the text of the Patriarchal narratives
says in describing the key characteristics of these three places, there is
n-o-t-h-i-n-g in the text that fits the traditional locales. N-o-t-h-i-n-g .
0 for 3. Nada."

Jim, you've reached your conclusions now. You've paraded them about, so
there's no more to say now. N-o-t-h-I-n-g. Nada.

The reasoning you've offered is very poor, speculative, and full of
assumptions. It's like you're engaging in an extreme form of reader
criticism. The places you purported to analyse are still very much in their
'traditional locales' in the real world. I doubt you're going to convince
anyone that they're not.

GEORGE ATHAS
www.moore.edu.au