b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Article by Andrew Bowling

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Bryant J. Williams III" <bjwvmw AT com-pair.net>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Article by Andrew Bowling
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 06:49:19 -0800

Thanks, Bryant:

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 1:52 PM, Bryant J. Williams III <bjwvmw AT com-pair.net
> wrote:

> Dear List,
>
> See http://www.gial.edu/GIALens/vol1-2/Bowling-Paper.pdf for the article
> "The
> General/Gnomic Usage of Hebrew Morphologies in the Book of Isaiah" by
> Andrew
> Bowling
>
> Rev. Bryant J. Williams III
>
> I read the article, and the examples presented in it could be read in more
than one way, including that the qatal and yiqtol are tenseless and
aspectless, but encode for other ideas. He does not prove his claims.

I have already presented what I think are the reasons for the qatal and
yiqtol, and they have only a few equivalents to grammatical concepts found
in Indo-European languages.