b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] continuum of dialects

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Uzi Silber <uzisilber AT gmail.com>
  • To: fred burlingame <tensorpath AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] continuum of dialects
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2011 21:16:28 -0500

i believe -- and im not god fearing -- that based on all biblical and
archeological information available that hebrew was most certainly spoken in
Hevron and the the rest of the Hill country (Judea and Samaria) in 882 BCE.
not only that, hebrew dialects wwere spoken across the jordan river in Moav,
Edom and Amon as well.