b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] addition and subtraction

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: fred burlingame <tensorpath AT gmail.com>
  • To: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] addition and subtraction
  • Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 20:12:50 -0600

a. the masoretic text = biblical hebrew literature.

b. the talmud = biblical hebrew literature; as it incorporates "a."

c. that some people use "a" and "b" for theological purposes represents a
matter outside the scope of this forum. your attempt to impress theology on
my comments represents projection.

d. the elevator goes up or down; not sideways. likewise "add" & "subtract"
enjoy two (not 4, or even 40) opposite meanings. the french and english
judicial systems represent illustrative examples of adding and not adding to
the written law, respectively. if you wish to discuss other examples, be my
guest.

regards,

fred burlingame