b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] addition and subtraction

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: fred burlingame <tensorpath AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Bryant J. Williams III" <bjwvmw AT com-pair.net>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] addition and subtraction
  • Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 18:07:28 -0600

Hello Bryant;

Thanks for your thorough comments on these two word meanings.

Those meanings appear to impel the conclusion of a "french judicial system"
versus an "english judicial system," and in contradistinction to the
conclusion of the תלמוד .

Or to put it another way, the future, countless, anticipated court rulings
(deuteronomy 17:9) down through the generations, were not intended to be
reduced to writing and added to the box (deuteronomy 31:26), as new
statutes.

regards,

fred burlingame

On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 4:16 PM, Bryant J. Williams III <bjwvmw AT com-pair.net