b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Was the NT for public consumption?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: dwashbur AT nyx.net
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Was the NT for public consumption?
  • Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 18:02:20 -0800

Feel free to suggest, but the fact is that there are people in the world even
now who can do
it with much less effort than is required by us lazy-minded westerners.

I'm not going to sit here and argue this with you. The fact is, your idea is
anachronistic and
fails to take into account the vast differences in culture between us today
and those living in
the time when the OT and NT were produced. It's a bit like asking if Moses
had unleaded
gasoline for his chariot.