b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Was the NT for public consumption?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Kevin Riley <klriley AT alphalink.com.au>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Was the NT for public consumption?
  • Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 08:46:07 +1100

So, all Paul's letters that he intended should be read in church were 'not for public consumption'? I guess it depends on what you mean by 'public'? I would have thought that manuscripts intended to be read in public on a regular basis would qualify, but perhaps not. Does one need to be able to read in order to 'consume'?

Kevin Riley