b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] one-to-one rendering of olam

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • To: fred burlingame <tensorpath AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew List <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] one-to-one rendering of olam
  • Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 17:39:14 -0800

Fred:

On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 5:17 PM, fred burlingame <tensorpath AT gmail.com>wrote:

> But permit me to suggest that theologians and their customers, plenty,
> would
> take issue big with that statement .... :)
>
> regards,
>
> fred burlingame

Who cares what theologians and their customers may think? We are here to
discuss the language of Biblical Hebrew, not theology. Therefore, I make a
request, can you please leave theology, theologians and their customers out
of the picture? Including them serves no useful purpose, just as including
other translations serves no useful purpose.