b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] shekel

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: fred burlingame <tensorpath AT gmail.com>
  • To: Yigal Levin <leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] shekel
  • Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 09:44:52 -0600

Thanks for your comments.

It sounds like 0.50 ounce gold shekel weight could well have been used then.

Your comments about "place" interesting. So, in 1 chronicles 21:25, "place"
could mean 200 square feet of building floor or 200,000 square feet of
surrounding property?

I am left with the impression that the value of gold and land has not
changed in 3,000 years.

regards,

fred burlingame