b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Plural Pronomial Suffixes used in a Singular sense

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Steve Miller" <smille10 AT sbcglobal.net>
  • To: "'Donald R. Vance, Ph.D.'" <donaldrvance AT mac.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Plural Pronomial Suffixes used in a Singular sense
  • Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 22:16:32 -0500

Thanks Donald. I was going to contact the maker of my verb table to see if
that was an error, but now I see that it's not an error.

It seemed like it was an error to me because Hab 3:16 is the 1 and only
instance (according to BibleWorks) of a 1cp accusative suffix on an
imperfect verb that has a dagesh in the nun. With only 1 instance, wouldn't
it be more likely to be either a mistake in the points, or maybe the
accusative suffix is actually 3ms, as translated by some?

Sincerely,
-Steve Miller
Detroit
www.voiceInWilderness.info
No one can read the Gospels without feeling the actual presence of Jesus.
His personality pulsates in every word. No myth is filled with such life. -
Albert Einstein (1879-1955)