b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Psalm 57

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Pere Porta <pporta7 AT gmail.com>
  • To: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Psalm 57
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 07:59:56 +0200

Remark, Karl, that our word could also be (theoretically) derived from a
root ayin-waw (tum).
We find samples of this kind in Gn 18:19; 2Sa 3:10; Js 4:3; Jr 44:25...
And also from roots pe-yod: Neh 13:27; 1Ch 17:19

Heartly,

Pere Porta

--
Pere Porta
"Ei nekrói ouk eguéirontai, fágomen kai píomen áurion gar apothnéskomen"