b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Psalm 57

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Pere Porta <pporta7 AT gmail.com>
  • To: K Randolph <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Psalm 57
  • Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 07:37:40 +0200

Karl,

1. Concerning the last question in your message, yes, it looks like a Hiphil
in a quite similar way of "l'hapyl" (1Sa 18:25), which is from 'nafal'.
But.... it seems that verb 'natam' is not found in Hebrew.
Then... the hypothesis does not work.

2. No relation with the last verb in Lv 11:43 (which comes from tame', to be
unclean)

3. Why are you not fully accepting the usual or traditional parsing and
understanding of this word as a Qal Participle, plural masculine, of verb
להט (lahat)?

Pere Porta
(Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain)