b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] the hellenization of isaiah

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Barry H." <nebarry AT verizon.net>
  • To: "fred burlingame" <tensorpath AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] the hellenization of isaiah
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 22:04:38 -0400

----- Original Message ----- From: fred burlingame
To: Barry H.
Cc: B-Hebrew
Sent: Monday, October 18, 2010 9:07 PM

But the fact of the superiority of the hebrew rendering of isaiah 61:1, over the greek, withstands reasonable attack.

This will be my last response to this thread, and likely my last response to you, since this discussion has little to do with biblical Hebrew. All I can say is that you have a very odd definition of "reasonable." I have met at least one other, on another list, who argued much the same, rejecting what he called "Hellenized" Christianity. I wish I could remember the group affiliation he claimed, but I'm to lazy to dig those old posts out.

In the meantime, it's clear to me that you know everything, and are not on the list to learn about or discuss B-H.

N.E. Barry Hofstetter, semper melius Latine sonat...
Classics and Bible Instructor, TAA
http://www.theamericanacademy.net
(2010 Salvatori Excellence in Education Winner)
V-P of Academic Affairs, TNARS
bhofstetter AT tnars.net
http://www.tnars.net

http://mysite.verizon.net/nebarry