b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Greek Translation of Isaiah (was hellenization)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: fred burlingame <tensorpath AT gmail.com>
  • To: TedBro AT aol.com
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Greek Translation of Isaiah (was hellenization)
  • Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 22:32:30 -0500

Ted:

A house can survive removal of its kitchen and addition of a second dining
room; but it continues as the same house .... not.

Likewise, the rabbis may well have so responded to Christ had He preached
to, and attempted to reason with, them, via Isaiah 61:1 greek text (altered
from the original hebrew).

Or to put it another way, if your family and business colleagues began to
address you with the spanish or german or french translation of your name,
you would probably protest because such cultural change reflects whom you
are ... not.

Regards,

fred burlingame