b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Sukkot

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: rosewalk AT concentric.net
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Sukkot
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 08:34:57 -0400

Yes, I am directing my "mind's eye" to see Hebrew, and my "mind's eye" sees a word that doesn't exist in Hebrew, when it is spelled sukot. My "mind's eye" has seen "Sukkot" for 50 years. Even last night on NYC network news - a charity organization giving food for Sukkot - the charity organization called "Dorot Sukkot" - a big sign shown.

Shoshanna Walker, NY

You should possibly direct your "mind's eye" to see Hebrew not English. There are no short and long vowels in Hebrew.

Isaac Fried, Boston University