b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Gemar Hatimah Tovah

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Isaac Fried <if AT math.bu.edu>
  • To: rosewalk AT concentric.net
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Gemar Hatimah Tovah
  • Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 09:35:21 -0400

שושנת העמקים

1. I have never heard it pronounced gEmar, only gmar.
2. I fear we have to patiently wait for the coming of the Moshiach to cleanse the Hebrew grammar books of all the nonsense (schwa mobile etc.) accumulated in them in the last thousand years.
3. Have a good GMAR, and a good birthday.

Isaac Fried, Boston University