b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Gemar Hatimah Tovah

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: rosewalk AT concentric.net
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Gemar Hatimah Tovah
  • Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 08:41:43 -0400

It's gmar K'tiva veChatima tova - but that is when you say it before Rosh Hashanna. Now the judgement is just going to be signed, so technically Yigal was right. But really, it's finalized on Hoshanna Rabba (my Hebrew birthday)

Shoshanna

It is GMAR not GEMAR, methinks.

Isaac Fried, Boston University