b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Zion as a metahphor

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Steve Miller" <smille10 AT sbcglobal.net>
  • To: "'Oun Kwon'" <kwonbbl AT gmail.com>, "'b-hebrew'" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Zion as a metahphor
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 22:38:05 -0400

Oun,
When I look up Zion in "The Book of Jewish Knowledge" it just says "See
Temple, The". However I see no Biblical usage of "Zion" to mean "the temple"
in the Bible, but it is the site of the temple. It is the place God chose to
dwell (Ps 132:13).

Sincerely,
-Steve Miller
Detroit
www.voiceInWilderness.info
Judge me, O my Lord, for I have walked,
walked in my integrity,
and I have put my trust in the Lord.
I'll not slide away from Thee. (Ps 26:1)