b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Psalm 104:19

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Steve Miller" <smille10 AT sbcglobal.net>
  • To: "'K Randolph'" <kwrandolph AT gmail.com>, <steve AT voiceinwilderness.info>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Psalm 104:19
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 22:31:31 -0400

Karl,
I think it would be very bad writing in English or in Hebrew to have the 3ms
pronoun on "his going" have a different antecedent than the 3ms pronoun of
the verb immediately preceding it.

The sun he knows his going.

The context does not demand or imply that "he knows" means "God knows". Just
because the subject of the previous verb is God doesn't mean He is the
subject of the next verb. Varying sentence structure makes things interesting.

Sincerely,
-Steve Miller
Detroit
www.voiceInWilderness.info
Judge me, O my Lord, for I have walked,
walked in my integrity,
and I have put my trust in the Lord.
I'll not slide away from Thee. (Ps 26:1)