b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Hebrew Bible PhD programs (Joseph Justiss)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Randall Buth <randallbuth AT gmail.com>
  • To: Joseph Justiss <jljustiss AT gmail.com>, Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Hebrew Bible PhD programs (Joseph Justiss)
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 21:54:13 +0300

My advice is to learn to speak modern Hebrew fluently
before doing a PhD program, wherever.

PhD programs outside of Israel do not require the
Hebrew learning, but students rarely find time to fit it
in, --
until they are out, have a degree, maybe a job,
and no time to learn to speak the language.

Then they rationalize.

I've known many who have taken the above advice
and all have thanked me for it. No regrets.

blessings
Randall Buth

--
Randall Buth, PhD