b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] "Yahweh" occurs 6823 times in the Roman Catholic NewJerusalem Bible BUT occurs "ZERO" times in the underlying Hebrew

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Stephen Shead <srshead+bh AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] "Yahweh" occurs 6823 times in the Roman Catholic NewJerusalem Bible BUT occurs "ZERO" times in the underlying Hebrew
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 17:43:22 -0400

Oops!! <blush> I've just been made aware of some shockingly careless reading
of Barry's post on my part. Barry said:

"You clearly, David, have a religious interest in this question which is not
shared by the majority of people on the list. For me, the precise spelling
or pronunication is purely of academic interest."

...which took (without justification) to mean that Barry's interests more
broadly were purely "academic". In fact, now that I look again, I would
actually say exactly the same: *on this issue* of the precise spelling or
pronunciation of YHWH, my interest is purely academic.

Apologies, Barry!
Best regards,
Stephen Shead.

On 25 July 2010 16:12, Stephen Shead
<srshead+bh AT gmail.com<srshead%2Bbh AT gmail.com>