b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Ephron

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: George Athas <George.Athas AT moore.edu.au>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Ephron
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 23:55:30 +1000

This is all highly tendentious and speculative, Jim. There are just too many
if's coupled with implausible linguistic shifts to take it seriously. The
number of unlikely steps that you enumerate must surely tell you that this
theory is even less than a house of cards. I honestly don't think it's even
worth the list engaging with this thread. But, I'll be kind and leave this
thread open for a day. Then that's it.

GEORGE ATHAS
Co-Moderator, B-Hebrew
(Sydney, Australia)